The following is a press release from the E! network about the new reality show “House of DVF.”
Diane von Furstenberg and her eponymous fashion brand have long been symbols of independence, grace and fearlessness. Now, as Diane mentors a new generation of hard-working young women ready to take their careers to the next level at DVF, E! is there to capture every pressure-filled and triumphant moment. “House of DVF” premieres Sunday, November 2 at 10pm ET/PT on E! “House of DVF” will also come to E! in 100 countries, premiering in November internationally – the same month as the US premiere.
“I am so excited to partner with E! on a new genre of television aimed at empowering young women!” – Diane von Furstenberg
Only the most intelligent and talented young ladies are considered for the glamorous and highly coveted brand ambassador position with one of fashion’s most lauded brands. Diane herself has handpicked the eight young women, who are as determined to impress her as they are tasked with working in different areas of Diane’s massive empire, based in the fantastic DVF offices in Manhattan’s Meatpacking district. From planning a press lunch to working at the DVF Spring 2015 show during fashion week, the ladies are expected to execute every duty perfectly, although things don’t always go as planned.
The stakes are high: testing tempers, fraying nerves, forging friendships and revealing rivalries among the ladies. Jessica Joffe (DVF’s Style Editor) and Stefani Greenfield (DVF’s SVP of Merchandising) guide the candidates through the tough days and nights. Yet Diane herself is there with the ladies, committed and passionate about selecting the right young woman for the job. She observes, evaluates and empowers them to open up about their lives and dreams in one-on-one sessions and does not mince words when she feels they haven’t presented themselves as a member of the DVF team should. Diane believes every one of them has what it takes to be the woman they want to be, and wants to provide them with the tools to do so.
The ladies selected as ambassador candidates include:
– Codi Critchfield, a sensitive 22-year-old fashion photographer from Utah
– Lenore Genovese, a cheerful, 23-year-old New York native and FIT student
– Brittany Hampton, a 23-year-old fashion stylist from San Francisco who seems wise beyond her years
– Keir McGill, a 24-year-old fashion blogger who’s ready to take charge
– Abigail Petit-Frere, a 22-year-old wardrobe stylist from Florida who’s confident in her ability to secure her dream job
– Amanda Schauer, a 21-year-old student studying Fashion Design & Merchandising at Drexel University
– Tiffani Warkenthein, a 19-year-old South Bronx native is the youngest of the group and incredibly receptive to learning anything and everything
– Jinna Yang, a 25-year-old stylist and blogger who’s just as task oriented when it comes to working hard as she is when it comes to blowing off steam